Loading...

What is Chlorine Dioxide?

About CLO2

What is Chlorine Dioxide?

about ClO2

portfolio

Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a potent odour -eliminating gas with strong oxidizing properties. An "oxidizing agent" removes electrons from reactive molecules. By this process, ClO2 uses oxygen to break up the odour quickly and neutralizes it.


Unlike most other chemical deodorizers, Chlorine Dioxide degrades very quickly into too simple salts and water (often within hours and in direct sunlight within seconds). Under the best conditions, it is unlikely to last even a few days. As a product, it has no shelf life. That means that you can't just buy some ClO2 in a bottle. And for that reason has never really been available to consumers.


Some manufacturers sell what they call "Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide" -- this is not the same. All of our products generate "Active" ClO2, which is more effective. We use proprietary technologies and formulations to "generate" the ClO2 right when you need it.
Chlorine dioxide was first discovered in 1811 by Humphrey Davy.


Today, ClO2 is extensively used as a bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry instead of chlorine, since chlorine was found to produce carcinogens. Some newer applications for ClO2 include the treatment of fish, poultry and seafood, in the meatpacking plants and canning industry.


Until recently, however, chlorine dioxide was not available for use on a "small-scale" or for topical application because the gas must be generated at the point of use and could not be easily transported. But now Biocide Systems offers a range of ClO2 odour eliminating products.

 

 

Bio-shock™

Our Features

Not a masking agent

will Bio-Shock™ and remove odour effectively.

Fast acting

will completely remove odours in as little as 4 hours and a maximum of 24 hours depending on severity.*

Safe

for all home and vehicle interiors. Stronger and safer than ozone machines or any other odour elimination product on the market today.

Easy to use

Simply shake, add water and walk away – requires no hazardous material or safety equipment.

Non-Toxic & Eco-friendly

Leaves no harmful residue to clean up and is non-carcinogenic. Non-aerosol and 100% biodegradable and releases no VOCs or carcinogens into our environment.

Cost-effective

Non-labour-intensive, reducing man-hours and bottom line.